
This park is only about 80 miles from Sacramento and a very easy drive. If we hadn't spent 30 minutes roaming aimlessly through the neighborhood, it probably would have taken less than an hour and a half to get to the trailhead. However, I must say, If you have to drive aimlessly, this is a great place to do it. The houses are all unique and fun to look at. I often wonder if mapquest leaves one street out of the directions on purpose just to give us all a new adventure.


It would be very hard to get lost here. The trails are well marked, however without a map, you aren't quit sure what the marking means.

Did you ever wonder what a human antenna looked like? Bart, a little more to the left please.

Run Polly, I can feel another "how to know where you are by reading the sun" lesson coming on.

Thanks a lot. I told you to run. Now we are both are going to have to listen.

Good idea, just point in the same direction and nod your head yes.

I can't tell, is she catching him or knocking him down?

I think this was Polly's Best Day Ever moment.

For those of you that wonder why anyone would keep their hair so bright, this is why. Out in the wilderness it shines like a neon light and will make it easier for rescue plane to locate me if ever necessary.

Kind of creepy isn't it?


There was no need to search for that perfect lunch spot. There were picnic benches all along the way.

And a nice lake for the dogs to cool off in. I hope Ash doesn't see this. He will wonder why he wasn't invited.

This was really more like a nature walk than a hike, but It was exciting to see all of the families enjoying the great outdoors. This is a great place for kids of all ages. We saw kids on their bicycles, tricycles and strollers. There were animals for the children to see and touch at the beginning of the trailhead and a little play yard for them to climb around on.

This is the face of someone who took a nasty tumble and just wants to go home. Luckily, the camera was in my pocket at the time so there is really no proof. Now, I'm sure you are wondering how this face could say this was the Best Day Ever. I was wondering the same thing.

So I will leave you with these happy faces instead. This really was one of the best days ever.
Looks like a place that the kids would just love.
ReplyDelete